Verhoef Electric Inc.
Verhoef Electric is a well-established, family-run, electrical contracting company located in the Niagara Region. Since 1984, they have served Niagara and have also completed projects throughout North America. Now in its second generation, Verhoef Electric continues to provide for commercial, horticultural and residential needs. Verhoef Electric has diverse experience in a variety of electrical projects and has a proven track record of reliability and exceptional service.
Verhoef Electric is currently seeking to hire a part time Bookkeeper to join their team. Answering to the office manager, the new team member will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, have a teamwork approach, and be results oriented. The part-time position will be approximately three (3) shifts per week for approximately 21 hours per week
- Be responsible for all financial record-keeping activities
- Process payables, receivables and payroll
- Make journal entries
- Prepare tax returns and other forms/documents as required
- Complete bank, credit card and other account reconciliations
- Generate statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Execute file maintenance for both administrative and accounting files
- Complete other accounting related duties as required
- Possess a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Experience using Quickbooks
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and high accuracy of work
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Effectively communicate with others in a courteous and professional manner
- Punctual and reliable
Qualified candidates, please send resume to Elma Regnerus, Office Manager. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Verhoef Electrical is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Verhoef Electrical believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.