Vieni Estates Winery
Vieni Estates is a jewel of the Ontario wine industry, producing world-class wines, sparkling wines, Icewines and grape & fruit distillates. It is located on a diverse and breathtaking 175 acre estate on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment. In addition to the Wine Store , the Estate holds a gorgeous Bed & Breakfast and is about to open it’s own Hospitality Center and launch the grand opening of it’s Panini Bar.
This is a part time seasonal, weekend position. Some weekday shifts may be required. Mandatory availability: Fridays (11am-6pm), Saturdays (8am-6pm), Sundays (8am-6pm).
**Please note: initially start time will vary between 8am-11am.
The Bed & Breakfast & Panini Bar Host, must be a skilled candidate versed in the highest standards of customer service, sales and hospitality, capable of offering the ultimate hospitality experience for our guests. A passion for food and wine is preferred.
This position is responsible for:
- Hosting our B&B guests, during their breakfast
- Overseeing their check in and processing their check out, when needed
- Managing B&B inventory and keeping B&B Manager abreast of any issues or concerns
- Hosting our Panini Bar guests, in our tasting room
- Fulfilling guest orders, cleaning and maintaining the Panini Bar area
- Managing Inventory
- Supporting Tasting Room Manager, with various tasks, such as providing tastings and educating our guests on our vast portfolio of product
- Facing and stocking shelves and merchandise
- Maintain an inviting, welcoming environment where customers can learn about the wine, taste, compare and purchase wines
- 1+ years related hospitality (wine, retail, restaurant) experience
- Passionate about wine and the wine/food lifestyle; interested to learn more about Ontario wines
- Able to work well in a team environment and in close working conditions with employees and customers
- Knowledge of food and wine pairing to educate guests
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Smart Serve Certified and Food Handler Certificate required
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Residence in the Niagara Region is preferred though not required.