Guest Services Associates – #7796 – S
Villa Romana Estate Winery
Turn your passion for wines into an income. Are you passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience? Do you enjoy working with a team in a fun environment? Would you like to learn more about the world of wine? Join Our Team!
Villa Romana Estate Winery Inc. is an emerging winery on the bench appellation in its first years of operations.
Our Guest Services Associates contribute to our success by their energetic, personable, upbeat, and responsible nature, by demonstrating exceptional customer service and continuously striving to maximize sales. Enthusiastically engaging and interacting with customers to draw them into the store/sales area. Following our Customer Service program, consistently and effectively recommending a selection of wine to meet our customers’ needs.
Guest Services Associates are responsible for providing consistent, outstanding hospitality to all visitors by providing an overall entertaining and informative tour and tasting experiences for each individual or group of visitors with the goal of achieving sales. All visitors are to be treated with the utmost respect.
Ideal candidates for the Guest Services Associate positions should have some experience in the hospitality industry, with wine knowledge being an important asset. Our chosen candidates must be energetic, personable, upbeat, and responsible. Candidates must be available to work flexible shifts, including weekends.
• Provide exceptional and professional customer service
• Assist customers with wine tasting and purchases
• Use a computer-operated point-of-sale system for all sales
• Perform opening and closing duties
• Stock wine and giftware in the tasting room
• Apply value-add gifts with purchase and tags to bottles
• Assist with special events
• Performing general miscellaneous housekeeping duties as assigned
• Must be 19+ years old
• Smart Serve Certification
• Ability to work well within a team-focused environment
• Motivation to exceed sales targets
• Critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be energetic, personable, upbeat, responsible and trustworthy
• Some retail experience is a nice to have.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Must be available to work weekends
• Must follow Provincial and other any other Regulatory Guidelines which small businesses and wineries are required to adhere to, including Covid-19 guidelines
Qualifications – Preferred
• Smart-Serve Certified. Must have a valid smart serve certificate
• Previous serving experience would be an asset
• Wine knowledge would be an asset
Team Members Enjoy
• Competitive wages (include language premiums)
• Creative incentive programs
• Full training of products and point of sales system
• Opportunities to develop and grow into management positions
• An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings: 2
Villa Romana Estate Winery Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with differing abilities and ethnicity.
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Referrals increase your chances of interviewing at Villa Romana Estate Winery Inc.
Villa Romana Estate Winery thanks all those who applied, however only those with the desired qualifications and, or experience will be contacted.