Provide administrative and clerical support to our team of health professionals in addition to providing exceptional quality of care for which the clinic is known.
This is a temporary part time position with the potential to become permanent. The applicant will work with EHC, WSIB, MVA, MOH clients in a private clinical practice setting located in Vineland, Ontario. This position entails 12-17 hours a week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business (covering vacations, sick time, additional support etc). Compensation will be based on experience.
Responsibilities (not limited to this) include:
- Ensure optimal patient care through friendly, enthusiastic and professional service with all patients and team members (answer telephone calls, respond to e-mails and voicemails, greet patients, etc)
- Proficient in promoting the clinic via social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Ensure accurate and detailed intake of information on the patient’s first visit
- Capable of processing patient payments using a POS system
- Responsible for clinic billing (Telus Health and Provider Connect) and follow up on accounts receivable and end of day reports
- Responsible for maintaining/ordering clinic inventory
- Maintaining electronic patient files
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/experience:
- Previous experience as a Medical Office Administrator
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients and staff members
- Must be reliable and have some flexibility with hours
- Solid and proficient computer skills required in Word, Excel, Outlook and medical scheduling software
- College Diploma or certification in Office Administration or relevant experience would be an asset
- Ability to exercise good judgement, be resourceful and possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues that arise from billing, collections and multiple funding sources
- A self-directed learner with excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to remain “cool” and collected in high pressure situations
- Able to adapt to change with clinic operations to continuously learn and strive for improved patient care
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those applicants that are under consideration for the position will be contacted.