VTR Feeder Solutions (Vibratory Tooling & Repair)
Do you enjoy building assembles and sub assembles using hand tools, looking to join a fast growing company? If so, read on.
VTR Feeder Solutions is a leader in automated parts feeding systems and Canada’s largest parts feeding company. We manufacture feeder systems for a variety of industries — from automotive to pharmaceutical. We have helped hundreds of organizations around the world successfully improve their business with our expert insight into the best feeding solutions.
The Assembler reports to the department Team Leader, and will work with the team to build assemblies and sub-assemblies for our customers.
- Study and interpret drawings, blueprints, manuals, specifications for each assembly and subassembly
- Bolt, screw, clip, solder or otherwise fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment
- Connect cables, tubes and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools and other aids like overhead hoists
- Mark, record and report defects with parts. Work with the Machinist and Design to re-machine
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with provincial and federal law, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams
- Critical eye for identifying defects
- Commitment to quality and safety
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various assembly processes
- Strong working mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labour
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those that best meet our needs and qualifications.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, VTR Feeder Solutions is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.