VTR Feeder Solutions (Vibratory Tooling & Repair)
Are you an up-and-coming Bowl Tooler looking to join a fast growing company? If so, read on.
VTR Feeder Solutions is a leader in automated parts feeding systems and Canada’s largest parts feeding company. We manufacture feeder systems for a variety of industries — from automotive to pharmaceutical. We have helped hundreds of organizations around the world successfully improve their business with our expert insight into the best feeding solutions.
The Bowl Tooler reports to the department Team Leader, and will work will work with the team to design and build custom feeder bowls for our customers. Each bowl is fully custom for each customer, and for each part.
Study the customer’s part, its orientation and center of gravity, and see what its natural orientation to feed up a bowl is.
Able to draw out a design for a multi-line bowls.
Create and construct patterns and guides as templates for metal cutting.
Operate light machinery, including; shears, cutting torches, grinders, and welders.
Layout reference points and patterns on stainless steel according to the blueprints.
Build mockup of bowl design, to test if it will correctly orientate the part when feeding up the bowl.
Assemble, fit and weld metal sections and plates to create complete bowls.
Work with others in the shop to collaborate and problem solve when a part is not feeding the way it is expected.
Other duties as required.
- 3+ years of experience working in a bowl shop, tooling and designing bowls.
- Able to work within a team to solve problems, and collaborate on ideas.
- Ability to tig weld cleanly stainless steel bowls.
- Able to deburr stainless steel components to ensure that parts are able to move smoothly in the bowl.
- Aptitude for material handling, including preparing and cutting of materials into patterns for creation of bowls.
- Proficient in building hand-crafted feeder bowls, including straight wall and conical bowls.
- Ability to take constructive criticism.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Experience operating hand and power tools such as grinders, welders, drills and specialized equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure that the end product looks.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those that best meet our needs and qualifications.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, VTR Feeder Solutions is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.