West Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
The West Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership-driven organization which supports and represents over 120 local businesses & community organizations in the Town of West Lincoln and surrounding area.
We are seeking a detailed oriented self-starter to provide administrative, event and marketing support to increase membership engagement and promotion.
Reporting to the Office Manager, this support role will assist with developing sales, marketing & communication initiatives, database management, website updates, social media updates, software integration, event support and day-to-day administrative duties as required.
- Research and develop media & communications materials including social media, electronic newsletters, marketing strategies and print advertising
- Manage member & email distribution databases
- Website maintenance and content updates (WordPress)
- Social media updates (Facebook)
- Event planning & support
- Administrative duties including filing, trade & industry research, etc.
- Currently enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary education program in the fall
- Must be comfortable working in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher) and WordPress
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
The successful candidate must meet the qualifications under the Canada Summer Job Grant, which includes but is not limited to:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
(f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Please include a resume and cover letter addressed to "Hiring Committee".
This posting will close on Friday May 25, 2018 at 4:30pm.