West Lincoln Community Care
West Lincoln Community Care is a not-for-profit organization established in 1984 to assist families in West Lincoln. We offer a Food Bank with food assistance and additional programs and a Thrift Store to support these initiatives. If you want to have an impact on people in the community apply today.
As the Food Bank Driver, you will deliver food orders to our client’s door. You will provide professional, friendly and discreet service to all who access the Food Bank. You will organize and conduct all the Food Bank pick-ups – food rescues, food purchases, food drives etc. You will weigh incoming food, sort, pack and store it. You will take a leadership role in organizing our warehouse.
You will be on the road and in and out of our walk-in cooler, walk-in freezer and warehouse aisles. You also get to ensure that the food bank and warehouse are organized, clean, safe, and welcoming. You will organize your time efficiently.
Hours of Work: Tuesday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Wednesday 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Thursday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, occasional Saturdays
- Must have a valid G driver’s licence with a clean driving record
- Able to lift/carry (up to 50 lbs), push/pull heavy pallets using manual pump cart. This role requires heavy lifting, bending, crouching, and kneeling
- Forklift licence is an asset
- Safe Food Handling Certificate is an asset
- Able to plan, organize, develop, and implement warehouse objectives
- Able to interact with vulnerable individuals
- Do what is necessary to make our Food Bank successful!
- As an essential service, the Food Bank stays open during lockdown and stay at home orders
- During COVID-19 you will be required to take extra precaution to protect yourself and all clients, volunteers and staff
- You will be required to wear a mask throughout the workday