West Lincoln Community Care
West Lincoln Community Care is a not-for-profit organization established in 1984 to assist families in West Lincoln. We offer a Food Bank with food assistance and additional programs and a Thrift Store to support these initiatives. If you want to have an impact on people in the community apply today.
As the Summer Student Food Bank Helper, you will use the Food Bank vehicle to deliver food orders to our client’s door. You will provide professional, friendly and discreet service to all who access the Food Bank. You will conduct all the Food Bank pick-ups – food rescues, food purchases, food drives etc. You will weigh incoming food, sort, pack and store it. You will help organize our warehouse.
You will be on the road and in and out of our walk-in cooler, walk-in freezer and warehouse aisles. You also get to ensure that the food bank and warehouse are organized, clean, safe, and welcoming.
- Must have a valid G driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Able to lift/carry (up to 50 lbs), push/pull heavy pallets using manual pump cart. This role requires heavy lifting, bending, crouching, and kneeling
- Able to implement our warehouse objectives
- Able to interact with vulnerable individuals
- Do what is necessary to make our Food Bank successful!
- As an essential service, the Food Bank stays open during lockdown and stay at home orders
- During COVID-19 you will be required to take extra precaution to protect yourself and all clients, volunteers and staff. This includes distancing and regular sanitizing
- You will be required to wear a mask throughout the workday
This role is available immediately. We will be doing interviews regularly and hope to find the right person as soon as possible.
Please put your cover letter and resume in the same file and save as a PDF. Please name your file: FB Student YOUR LAST NAME