Draftsperson – #7732 – A
Westland Greenhouse Solutions Inc.
Westland Greenhouse Solutions Inc., is a growing company in Niagara, building and supplying greenhouse solutions for the agricultural industry in Ontario. With over 25 years in business, we are looking to expand our workforce to include a Draftsperson who will be actively involved with the project and sales team.
The Draftsperson will be responsible for producing accurate designs and drawings for greenhouse and shading projects. The Draftsperson works closely with the sales team during the sales process and with the project team during the installation process.
- Creating and maintaining 3D drawings using Solid Works
- Prepare detailed take-offs and drawings and be able to read multiple disciplines of blueprints
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation, and contingency
- Prepare a complete list of materials and quantities take off
- Conduct field reviews and structural observations as required
- Collaborate with engineers and other draftspersons and estimators to achieve outcomes
- Identify labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documentation
- Assist with the preparation of job filing, and organization of paperwork
- Ensure project drawings are in compliance with contract requirements
- Organize and attend job progress meetings as required
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc., as required
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or college diploma in a construction related field
- 3+ years experience in drafting
- Solid Works, Auto-CAD and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) experience essential
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling is an asset
- Experience in manufacturing and structural design is an asset
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent