Westland Greenhouse Solutions Inc.
Westland Greenhouse Solutions Inc. is a manufacturer and supplier of greenhouse products and solutions for the agricultural and construction industry. Located in Jordan Station, our company provides solutions to greenhouse growers in Ontario.
We are currently looking for a hard-working and experienced Flatbed (Freightliner) driver to pick up and deliver goods, machinery and equipment.
Hours of Work
Delivery hours are Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday if needed. Work hours are generally 7am to 5pm with extended hours into the evening and early morning when needed. Delivery locations are typically southern Ontario and the outlying areas of the GTA.
- Assist with loading and unloading greenhouse materials, machinery and equipment
- Ensure all loading and unloading procedures are followed to prevent any cargo damage
- Perform and document a Daily Truck Inspection notifying the Operations Manager of any concerns
- Ensure prompt delivery of goods from the warehouse to assigned designations
- Determine the most efficient route, taking into consideration construction or other travel delays
- Adhere to road safety regulations at all times
- Maintain a signed copy of receipt orders and respond to the customers' inquiries and concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of the Daily Truck log
- Ensure that designated truck is clean and tidy at all times
- Inform the supervisor of any accidents or traffic violations that involve the company truck
- Ensure that the goods being transported do not exceed weight restrictions
- High school diploma
- Physically strong; must be able to tie down loads properly
- Class A Commercial Driver’s Licence (CDL)
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as a DZ licensed driver
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- An outstanding, clean driving record
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations
- The ability to drive in challenging weather conditions
- The ability to use GPS devices and road maps
- Effective communication skills
Our company offers a full benefit package, RRSP contribution, sick days and other benefits. We are a family-owned business in operation for over 25 years. As an essential business to live plants, we have remained stable and working during the pandemic. Our current driver is retiring, and the position is available March 14, 2022 with 2 weeks of job shadowing.
Interested candidates can email their resume by March 18, 2022.