A local Winona restaurant is looking for a Host. The position of Host is relied upon to understand that they begin every guest experience and set the tone for their time spent with us.
All of your duties are of the highest importance for the successful running of our operation from communication with the customer and team members to accurately using our IPad based table management system.
- Welcome and warmly greet guests upon arrival.
- Manage the efficient and timely seating of guests by asking guests how many people are in the group and entering the amount into the IPad prior to seating.
- Lead guests to their table, provide menus and ensure server is aware of the group in their section.
- Answer the telephone in a warm and friendly manner, accurately transfer calls, communicate our reservation policy.
- Maintain knowledge on all aspects of the restaurant: hours of operation, address, phone, menu and reservation policy.
- No previous restaurant experience or training required; on the job training will be provided.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits including a clean uniform for each shift.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Able to work in a standing position.
- Excellent verbal and phone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
The employer welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.