A local restaurant in Winona is seeking a Part Time Prep Cook.
The Prep Cook is relied upon to understand that they begin every item we serve: from seasoning and cooking barbeque to sauce making and all Garde Manger production, this position challenges the individual to maintain our strict quality standards and at the same time push their personal boundaries in production accuracy, culinary skill, speed and cleanliness.
- Prepare and cook a variety of food products including meats, poultry, vegetables, sauces and other food products using a variety of kitchen equipment according to the daily prep list
- Listen to orders from the chefs or cooks and retrieve items being asked for
- Ensure kitchen equipment is clean, sanitized and in good working order
- Clean food preparation and production areas; assist dishwasher as needed
- One or more years of experience in a high-volume kitchen preparation with preference for raw production
- Either a graduate or within 4 months of graduation from a recognized culinary college
- Be able to work in a hot, wet, humid, loud environment
- Be able to work in a standing position, physically lift, reach, bend and stoop; safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 50 lbs
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills
The employer welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.