A local Winona restaurant is seeking a Soda Counter Attendant/ Bartender. The position is unique when compared to most restaurants as it combines food service, alcohol service and food production skills.
All of your duties are of the highest importance for the successful running of our operation from communication with the customer and team members to accurately using our IPad based Point of Sale system and producing food and beverage products that appeal to our guests.
- Display professional discipline and basic culinary skills in producing layered beverages, soda floats, milkshakes and various dessert items.
- Prepare and serve drinks consistent with the restaurant’s recipes.
- Check identification for the purchase of alcohol and ensure responsible alcohol serving policies are followed.
- Clean, inspect and maintain glassware and bar.
- Accurately complete daily inventory to aid in the overall efficiency of the operation.
- Serve food and beverage orders to guests seated in the bar area.
- Provided overflow assistance to the take out area.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have Smart Serve Certification and have it with you at all times.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits including a clean uniform for each shift.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Basic mathematical skills; able to handle money and operate a Point of Sale system.
- Basic understanding of food safety protocols.
The employer welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.