Worldwide Charter Group
Worldwide Charter Group is a St. Catharine’s based International organization that requires an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to manage its current Emergency Response Division.
We are currently looking to employ a part-time Office Manager/Administrative Assistant role. This is a multi-role position that requires an individual with exceptional organizational skills. The candidate must be able to work well with others, the candidate will coordinate the department’s administrative activities in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
Assistant role is to plan, organize, coordinate, and control all administrative and operational procedures, activities, and documentation.
Office Manager role also gives out professional advice and prioritize daily business affairs for the division, in addition to completing a variety of administrative tasks.
The assistant role will serve as the coordinator of the department’s information, reporting, and communication strategies and activities. Writing and presenting reports, presentation and summaries.
The assistant role will perform administrative and clerical support in accomplishing their roles and responsibilities. Experience with project management is necessary.
- Monitor tasks progression and completion for all team member
- Reviewing and filtering all incoming and outgoing mail, calls, emails, and faxes
- Overseeing and monitoring all internal correspondence and reports
- Coordinating messenger and courier service with preferred vendors
- Drafting, writing and approving written communications, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets. Also presenting them
- Support the coordination and facilitation of presentations, webinars, including the preparation of presentation materials
- Conducting research and generating reports by collecting data from various tools and/or consolidating it into reports
- Ensuring tasks and projects are completed within deadlines
- Preparing meeting agendas and taking notes during meetings and writing summaries
- Filing, updating, maintaining and organizing paper and electronic documents, such as emails, reports, and other administrative records
- Ship and receive packages for the company by preparing packages and labels for shipping
- Develops, implements and maintains procedures within the department after approval from higher management
- Prepares financial, expenditures and payment authorization forms, and administrative documents for authorization by the President, such as cheque requisitions, purchase orders, etc
- Ensures the safeguarding of all confidential files
- Hiring new employees or assisting the Human Resources department with the recruiting process
- Training, mentoring, supervising, and disciplining administrative staff in order to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations
- Overseeing the budgeting and bookkeeping activities, including payroll, A/P, A/R, collections, bank reconciliation, government remittances, and financial reporting
- College diploma or university degree
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge or experience with QuickBooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- High attention to detail
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Document writing, editing and proof-reading skill (English)
- Multi-lingual a bonus
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle is required
- At least 3 years of successful experience in an office manager position