Membership Sales and Service Host – #5492 -S
The Niagara West YMCA location is expanding their team and are looking to hire a Membership Sales and Service Host. This position is part-time, up to 15 hours per week evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Promote membership by providing accurate YMCA program and membership information and sales tours, and asking members to join; follow the 7 Steps of Selling
- To respond to members/participants’ concerns in a positive, professional and supportive manner
- Act proactively to develop positive relationships with participants, supervisors, peers and volunteers
- Process transactions in the YMCA registration system, including new memberships and changes
- Ensure excellent customer service by supporting and working as part of a staff/volunteer team
- Promote the safety and security of members and participants through safe work practices, checking for health and safety hazards at all times and following YMCA policies and procedures
- Respond to first aid and emergency situations; complete required incident reports
- Handle cash transactions; be responsible for the security of cash and balance cash outs and floats
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara, and SAM 2.1
- Provide information and registration for other YMCA of Niagara programs and services
- May be asked to participate in training related to being a Duty Manager and conducting financial assistance appointments
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi task and provide excellent customer service
- Able to develop positive relationships with members and coworkers
- Computer and phone skills are an asset
- Able to stand for a minimum of 2-4 hours at a time
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR – C certification will be required upon hiring
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of issue]
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by February 22,2019 at noon.
Please indicate position and branch/cities applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.