YMCA of Niagara
Youth Action Team Member
- YMCA of Niagara Community Programs
- Minimum hiring rate: $14.00/hour plus a $0.54/hour premium (when off-site), YMCA Membership
- Part time and Supply positions available – Monday to Thursday evenings in Niagara West (Grimsby, Beamsville, Smithville) area.
- Some Friday and Saturday evening shifts available in other locations
- Plan and lead recreational programs for youth ages 9 to 14 Monday to Fridays at local schools throughout the Niagara Region. Staff shifts may begin as early as 2:30 pm or 5:30 pm
- Supervise and lead recreational activities during Friday Night drop-in programs in branch
- Host and supervise Saturday night dances
- Build relationships with youth and be a positive role model
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Possibility of 6 to 25 hours a week available
- Preference will be given to those individuals with at least 3 nights availability as well as Friday nights and one Saturday night per month
The YMCA is looking for applicants who want to be a role model of healthy lifestyles and physical activity for youth, and make a difference within their community.
- Due to the age of participants served, candidates must be 17 years or older
- Experience delivering youth recreational and leadership programs is an asset
- Enrolment or completion of a university degree or college diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Child and Youth Studies, or a related field is not required but is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Team members must be willing and able to participate in active games on a regular basis, and will also be responsible for planning and implementing various aspects of the program
- Reliable transportation to programs throughout the Niagara Region is preferred
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (within 1 year from date of issue)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) to:
E: email@example.com F: (905) 646-4213
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org