YMCA of Niagara
Employment & Newcomer Services (Niagara Falls)
Salary: $38,230 – $43,700 plus Full YMCA Benefits
Start Date: immediately
This is a full-time permanent position conditional on funding continuance.
40 hours per week including days, evenings and weekends.
NOTE: This process will also establish a pool of candidates that may be used to fill similar vacancies (temporary, contract and permanent) within YMCA Employment Services over the next 6 months.
- Support employers with their hiring needs and recruitment
- Counsel, assess and monitor participants while clarifying employment and education needs
- Participate in activities such as intake interviews, assessments and workshop facilitation
- Support and coach clients through the job search process
- Establish short and long term goals for clients
- Monitor and follow up with participants’ progress
- Maintain accurate records and statistics related to case management and outcomes achieved
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent in Social Sciences, Adult Education or another related field
- Experience working with a diverse group of youth and adults
- Experience with and knowledge of community resources throughout the Niagara Region
- Minimum 2 years experience in employment counseling and facilitating
- Proficient with Windows-based computer programs
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C certification [within 2 years from date of issue]
- Use of a car is required
- Upon hiring: Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of search]
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid with CPR-C by 4:00 p.m. on November 2, 2018 to: E:
firstname.lastname@example.org F: (905) 735-2299
Please indicate position and branch/cities applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted, which will be via email.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org