Coordinator of Community Programs – #4647 -S
YMCA of Niagara
Coordinator of Community Programs – Remainder of 1 Year Maternity Leave, until November 2018
Salary Range: $38,812.80 annually plus YMCA membership
Start date: Immediately
Full time 40 hours per week. Regular shifts include evenings and weekends during the school year, and weekdays during the summer. Flexibility is required.
NATURE & SCOPE:
Reporting to the Director of Community Programs, the Coordinator of Community Programs is responsible for implementing and delivering community based programs through the Niagara Region for children and youth. The incumbent is responsible for quality program delivery at a total of 31 sites (6 Branches, 25 Schools) during the school year.
During the summer the Coordinator of Community Programs will transition to Day Camp and fulfill a leadership role in camp.
- Develop and lead a staff team of approximately 60 to deliver excellent programs throughout the Niagara Region
- Manage staff and volunteers including recruitment, training, coaching and development and discipline
- Assist the Director of Community Programs to plan, deliver and evaluate program success and suggest areas for improvement
- Manage all administrative functions related to payroll
- Liaison for all school contracts and permits
- Contribute to marketing and promotional planning, including administration of the department social media sites
- Facilitate Youth Action Programs throughout all locations including planning for all necessary logistics for program delivery and staffing
- Coordinate and provide supervision for Friday Night Drop-Ins and Friday / Saturday Dances
- Provide weekly, updated Community Participant statistics
- Coordinate After-School Programs and other Community based initiatives
- Coordinate staff training in partnership with Director of Community Programs
- Scheduling of staff for all program shifts. Is responsible for going into direct delivery to cover staff when necessary
- Visit programs on a regular basis to ensure quality and consistency
- Monitor revenue and expenses on an ongoing basis to ensure budget targets are met
- Fulfill a leadership role in Summer Day Camp and all responsibilities that are assigned to that role
Leadership: Guides, motivates, and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Coaching and Development: Commits to assisting participants, volunteers, staff and self in continuous learning and development.
Problem Solving: Identifying issues and coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them.
Creativity and Innovation: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results.
Child and Youth Focused: Commits to assisting growth and development among children and youth.
- Post Secondary diploma or degree in Recreational Leadership, Child Studies, Physical Education or related field
- Minimum 2 years related work experience in programs for children or youth
- Minimum 2 years experience supervising and coaching staff
- Experience in youth drop-in programs and/or Day Camp is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Knowledge of community programs is an asset
- Relationship building skills both internal and external
- Strong judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate others
- Current Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of issue]
- Current Standard First Aid CPR C [within 2 years from date of issue]
- Reliable transportation throughout the Niagara Region is required
- The ability to participate in physical activity and lifting when required
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, and a copy of their Criminal Reference Check-VSS and Standard First Aid CPR-C by Monday April 16 at 10:00am to:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org F: (905) 735-2299
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your application but only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.