YMCA of Niagara
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA of Niagara aspires to be a great workplace, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values- caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect, and responsibility- the YMCA provides our employees with meaningful jobs and opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through growth opportunitities and great benefits,, and the knowledge that their day-to-day actions have a postive impact on the health and well-being of people of Niagara.
Nature and Scope
The role of the RECE is to help carry out the day-to-day operations of the Child Care Centre. Help to implement programs for children with the requirements of the current curriculum.
- Responsible for the care and safety of the children.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all parents, children, and fellow team members.
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara.
- Organize and implement activities for the group as outlined in the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with parents, children, and fellow staff.
- Participate in training sessions when required.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator, or Proof of Enrollment in an accredited ECE program if applicable.
- Experience in a child care centre.
- Strong communication skills.
- Food Handlers certificate.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Current standard first aid, and CPR-C Certification.
- A clear Criminal Reference Check-Vulnerable Sector Search issued for the YMCA of Niagara.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email.