YMCA of Niagara
YMCA Of Niagara, Employment & Newcomer Services Office – St. Catharines
Starting Rate of Pay: $14.42/hr plus YMCA membership
Start Date: Immediate
Permanent Part time, 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:30-2:30 pm
NOTE: This process will also establish a pool of candidates that may be used to fill similar vacancies (temporary, contract or permanent) within YMCA Employment Services over the next 6 months.
The Receptionist will deal with visitors and inquiries by phone and in
person, supply information regarding the organization to the general
public, clients and employers, in support of the delivery of the program and within the Association parameters.
- Be first point of contact to anyone entering the office - front line customer service
- Answer all incoming calls and direct to appropriate staff and partners
- Greet persons entering organization
- Deal with queries from the public, clients and employers
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of Employment and Newcomer Services office
- File and maintain office records
- Coordinate any required activities
- Tidy and maintain the reception area and resource center
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment with various demands
- Strong problem solving skills is essential
- Ability to handle conflict situations with ease
- Computer knowledge including, but not limited to, Access, Word, Excel and the internet
- Ability to work as part of a team while independently carrying out position responsibilities
- Knowledge of local and regional community resources would be an asset
- A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening issued within last 12 Months
- Standard First Aid and CPR[C]
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by April 13th 2018 at noon to:
E: email@example.com F: (905) 735-2299
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an
interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can
be arranged upon request.