Kid Fit Program Staff -#4518 -St
YMCA of Niagara
YMCA KID FIT
Kid Fit is a children’s fitness program based on yoga and cardio fitness streams. The objective of this program is to support, motivate, and inspire children ages 3 to 12 years old to be physically active for life. Through fun and age appropriate activities, children will experience activities that will enhance their fitness levels, balance, and coordination. Skills that are transferable to all sports, physical education programming, and recreational activities. It is our goal to help children be more active and engage them in physical activity in a fun way!
Kid Fit will be offered at all of our YMCA of Niagara Branches.
Participants will be divided in three groups 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12 years old. Kid Fit will be open YMCA members and include registration in advance for these programs. There will be 8 sessions and depending on the age groups, the sessions will vary from 30min to 45min in length. Kid Fit Staff will have the opportunity to deliver programs for all 3 age groups.
Joining our Y family and working in the Kid Fit program is an incredible opportunity!
It will allow you to gain experience and knowledge on how to use fitness as a tool to enhance children’s physical activity levels and Physical Literacy skills. You will have the opportunity to be active and enhance your leadership skills and make a difference in a child’s life.
We will give you the tools and support to be effective and successful. Kid Fit program staff will receive up to 16 hours of training related to Physical Literacy, Fitness programming, the Kid Fit curriculum and assessment tools, and Healthy Child Development. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to learn, grow and discover your full potential. There is also the potential for applicants to gain additional hours in other YMCA programs for children and youth.
This is an opportunity for you to discover the YMCA, gain new skills and experiences, while having a positive impact on children in Niagara. Each year, the YMCA of Niagara serves over 80,000 people across our community. Our mission is inspiring health, wellness and community – for life. If you would like to take part on what we do, apply to join our team!
KID FIT PROGRAM STAFF
- YMCA Membership Branch – Multiple (St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Fort Erie and Niagara West)
- Starting rate: $14.00 per hour plus YMCA General Membership Benefits
- Start date: Immediately
- Part time position, up to 10 hours per week- evening and weekends once program is launched. Program will run for 8 weeks; regularly scheduled staff and supply staff required.
- Lead/support the planned yoga/circuit activities
- Be available to consistently lead/participate in all sessions of the 8 week program
- Start and finish programs on time and provide appropriate setup/take down as required
- Sign in the participants and to be accessible to parents and participants to answer questions and responds to concerns
- Greet each participant and their parent(s) courteously using names whenever possible
- Keep program areas clean, organized and safe for everyone’s use
- Monitor and evaluate participants progress over the 8 weeks
- Check for potential health and safety hazards at all times when on duty and complete incident reports when necessary
- Actively participate with the children in a positive and supportive manner taking into consideration each child’s uniqueness and abilities
- Demonstrate an appreciation and desire to generously serve all and ensuring quality delivery of the planned programs
- Support program promotion, and sign up process and waitlist
- Responsible for providing excellent member service following SAM 2.1 standards and principles
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Be vigilant and responsible for the safety and security of all members in your care at all times following the YMCA Child Guidance/Abuse policies and practices
- Follow YMCA Healthy Child Development Principles
- Other duties as required
- Be prepared and support children’s learning and success in the program
- Be enthusiastic, and passionate about motivating and inspiring children to be physically active
- Appreciate the importance of physical activity in healthy child development
- Appreciate and support the YMCA’s values, mission and vision
- Demonstrate energy, dedication and enthusiasm
- Thrive in an atmosphere of change and ambiguity
- Work as a member of a team
- Achieve planned results through personal initiative with the Association’s guidelines and policies
- Model commitment to service excellence and quality programming
- Minimum 2 years Secondary School
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-(C) certification
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Screening (within 1 year from date of issue) if over 18 years of age
- Experience working with children is an asset
- Experience with fitness/physical education is an asset
- Group Fitness Certifications are an asset (especially yoga and chorography)
- Children’s Fitness Certifications are an asset
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by 12pm on March 19, 2018 to:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org F: (905) 735-2299
Please indicate position and branch/cities applying for in the subject line of your email. Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org