Zwart Systems requires a professional with experience, passion, energy and initiative to join our Company as Production Manager.
Zwart Systems is in their 50th year of business and is considered a market leader that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of irrigation, humidification, filtration, wire forming and benching systems within the horticulture industry.
This key role requires a candidate who is a team player with excellent listening, organizational and inter-personal skills with a desire to evolve and grow with a progressive organization.
- Production manager will ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently, as part of a quality system
- All duties and responsibilities of managing Production including reporting functions to Sr. Management, Project Management, CAD Department, manage software production system, asset tagging and costing
- Planning and organizing production schedules – all product lines
- Assessing project and resource requirements
- Estimating, negotiating and budgeting timelines with Customers, Sales Team Leads, and Sr. Management
- Determining and implementing quality control standards
- Overseeing production processes – best practice
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary
- Selecting, and assist in material ordering and purchasing
- Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Supervising the work of all Production staff
- Organizing relevant training sessions
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Participating in training as required
- Post-Secondary or equivalent, Lean Manufacturing Training, Six Sigma Training, previous experience working in a Quality System, ISO and/or regulated industry
- Min 10 years’ experience in managing Production floor and teams
- Millwright, mechanical engineering technologist background is an asset
- Technical skills
- Project management skills
- Organization and efficiency
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- IT and numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Responsibility of working with deadlines
- Reading and understanding Production drawings
Zwart Systems offers a comprehensive health benefit package, vacation time, and positive work environment. Competitive wages will be based on skill set and experience.