Zwart Systems requires a Shipping and Receiving Sr. Assistant that exudes passion, energy and initiative with a professional demeanor, that enjoys a fast-paced environment to join our team.
Zwart Systems is in their 50th year of business and is considered a market leader that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of irrigation, humidification, filtration, wire forming and benching systems within the horticulture industry.
This key role requires a candidate who is a team player with excellent listening, organizational and inter-personal skills with a desire to evolve and grow with a progressive organization.
- Offload incoming materials using forklifts
- Accurately fill orders from pick lists / sales orders
- Assist in the organization and preparation of documentation for all outgoing shipments - courier, FTL, LTL
- Inspect and verify outgoing customer orders
- Manage received product for reshipment to vendors
- Work with all departments and logistic companies to ensure accurate shipping details
- Assist in maintaining accurate internal record keeping systems
- Assist in monitoring inventory and keep Purchasing apprised
- Work with Purchasing and Project Management in investigating and resolving shipping / receiving discrepancies
- General labour duties as dictated by work demands
- Knowledge of shipping/receiving and quality control practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional proven problem-solving skills
- Forklift and Reach truck experience and/or certification
- Must have outstanding safety record and follow all company safety policy and procedures
- Familiarity with WHMIS and SDS
- Must be able to function successfully in a busy, fast paced environment
- Must be capable of working well as part of a team
- Able to work effectively under pressure in time sensitive situations
- Adapt well to change
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and inter-personal
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, email, Internet
- Participate in all training as deemed necessary
Zwart Systems offers a comprehensive health benefit package, two weeks’ vacation and positive work environment. Competitive wages will be based on skill set and experience.