Zwart Systems is currently in search of an Accountant Assistant. Must be a professional individual with experience and a post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting. Knowledge of ERP systems would be a definite asset. We are looking for a person that is passionate with great inter-personal skills who functions well in a fast-paced environment. Zwart Systems is in their 51st year in business and is considered a dynamic and innovative market leader specializing in the design, fabrication and installation of irrigation, humidification, filtration, wire forming and benching systems within the horticulture industry.
- Assist Accountant with invoicing as directed
- Manage project deposits
- Track Install Department hours and expenses for bi-weekly invoicing
- Coordinating Accounts Receivable activities including payment processing, filing, etc.
- Vet credit applications for new customers and set up account
- Prepare reports as directed
- Support as required for daily operations, month-end processes, annual review
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Clerical functions as required
- Desire and ability to understand and function as a backup role when necessary for AR, AP, Payroll functions
- Adhere to all company policy and procedures
- Participate in meetings and training sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned by Financial department
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Accounting is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks in accordance of importance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply judgment and analysis in the solution of problems, in a high-volume environment
- Knowledge of the industry is also an asset
- Must have strong time management skills with an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Very strong team player, self-motivated, organized, hard-working, and detail-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision
The position is full-time Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Zwart Systems offers the successful candidate two weeks’ vacation and competitive wages that will be based on education, skill set and experience. A comprehensive company benefit package is offered after successful completion of the probationary period.