Zwart Systems requires an Irrigation Installation Technician to install custom designed irrigation systems in our customer’s horticulture facilities. This is a physical job with significant lifting, bending and use of equipment. A clean Drivers Abstract is required and must be able to travel out of town as dictated by work demands.
Zwart Systems offers vacation time, competitive wages based on skillset and experience for the right candidate. Wage increase after successful 3-month period. Daily Travel Expenses (Per Diem) paid when out of town. Annual compensation for Out-of-Town hours worked. A health benefit package is offered after completion of the probationary period.
- Working in confined spaces, using ladders to enter these spaces
- Installation of pumps, tanks and piping
- Digging with shovels, levelling with rakes
- Building of water silos
- Moving of materials i.e.pipe of various weights and sizes i.e. 10ft to 20ft lengths ½” to 12” pipe
- Experience in irrigation / plumbing a requirement
- Experience in horticulture industry an asset
- Must be able to work overhead at heights, scissor lift or ladder work
- The ability to lift 50lbs or more easily
- Able to read CAD drawings and blueprints
- Exceptional work ethic, positive attitude and reliable
- Acute attention to detail and able to follow direction, strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to function well under pressure
- Professional image and demeanor
- Ability to work well individually or as part of a Team
- Valid G Licence with clean Driver’s Abstract is a condition of employment
- Valid Passport a requirement of the job
- Significant travel and working away from home is required as deemed by work demands and is a condition of employment
- Working at Heights, Forklift, Telehandler, Confined Space, Aerial Work Platform and First Aid Certificates an asset
We thank and appreciate everyone who has taken the time to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Zwart Systems, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the HR Manager if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Zwart Systems is currently following all necessary protocol to keep our employees and visitors safe. Please respect our facemask and physical distancing policies. Thank you.