Zwart Systems requires a Senior Level Purchaser. We offer you a great place to work with a positive work environment, a stellar team of people to work with and the opportunity for growth. The right candidate would be upbeat, energetic, passionate, someone who can take the initiative and has proven negotiating skills. Zwart Systems has been in the irrigation business for over 50 years and are considered a dynamic and innovative market leader specializing in the design, fabrication and installation of irrigation, humidification, filtration, wire forming and benching systems within the horticulture industry.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors
- Issue Purchase Orders based on multiple requirements
- Manage and maintain PO’s on regular basis
- Monitor Inventory levels and advise on stock level adjustments for min/max values
- Follow up on open purchase orders
- Deal with vendor’s related issues
- Source alternative suppliers
- Negotiate competitive pricing, discount levels, packages and perks with suppliers
- Issuing NAFTA/USMCA forms as required
- Work will Operations, Shipping, Warehouse, Design and Production departments to ensure best results
- Resolve discrepancies in vendor invoices.
- Participate in meetings as required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, safety protocols and quality management
- Attend training sessions as required
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee may perform other related duties to meet organizational needs
- Proven purchasing experience and skills
- Knowledge of inventory software
- Exceptional skills to negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Strong computer skills and aptitude i.e. Excel Spreadsheets
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication skills with vendor and suppliers
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and managers
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Able to work well in high pressure situations
The position is full-time Monday to Friday; 8am to 5pm. Zwart Systems offers the successful candidate two weeks’ vacation and competitive wages that will be based on education, skill set and experience. A comprehensive company benefit package is offered after successful completion of the probationary period. Zwart Systems encourages employee growth and development with opportunities to flourish within the organization.
We thank and appreciate everyone who has taken the time to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Zwart Systems, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the HR Manager if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Zwart Systems is currently following all necessary protocol to keep our employees and visitors safe. Please respect our facemask and physical distancing policies. Thank you!